Favorite Links for the Week

For the Week of Feb 14th:

• Who Pooped? – Found this beautifully done K-adult site from the Minnesota Zoo on Larry Ferlazzo’s site (Note to self: budget time into my day to start visiting all of Larry’s Best of links.) And, yes, the site is very accessible to English Language Learners.
  • Word It Like Warren – On the long return flight from Educon (Philadelphia to California), I managed to board the plane without any reading material of my own.  So I was delighted to find some entertaining articles in Southwest’s magazine, including one on tips for writing like Warren Buffet. (Note: to self: Follow up on all the links that came up when I Googled author Jay Heinrichs.)
  • Vocabulary Web 2.0: 15 Tools, Tips, and Resources – Another great post and resource from Shelly Terrell.
  • Inteview with Adora Svitak – After connecting Adora with a group of 5th graders in my district  during last year’s Megaconference Jr – and watching their faces as Adora effortlessly walked through the steps of composing an impromptu piece of writing, I guess I’m not surprised to learn that this brilliant 12 year old is now the youngest TED speaker ever.