Hard Questions for Teachers Who Teach Blogging

| 4 Comments

I am looking forward to tonight’s Teachers Teaching Teachers Skypecast. Susan Ettenheim has posted a list of questions shared and voiced by many teachers who have been “out there” a while blogging with students.

I have another question to add, but it’s technical not pedagogical, yet impacts a group of Youth Voices students’ ability to maximize elgg.net features: What do you do if your access at school is via Macs and it doesn’t matter if it’s OS 9 or OS X, the interface is horrid!!!! Students have to scroll all over the place to find anything. I’m asking this question based on yesterday’s visit to Bob LeVin’s classroom at Florin High School, where many students do not have access at home. I am hoping there might be a simple fix for the Macs. With last year’s Youth Voices Coast to Coast (West Coast, that is), we learned that for full functionality of the Manila interface, for instance, we needed to use Firefox.

(Oh, and I did open Blogwalker in both versions and was happy to see that the Edublogs appearance and interface on a Mac are identical to being on a PC. Thanks, James. 🙂
Technorati Tags: Technorati Tags:

4 Comments