Time to reflect on some favorites from NECC 2007
- Favorite toy: Flip video camera – Priced at 75$ at Costco for the model that offers up to 30 minutes of video, this pocket-sized camera has a popout USB plug in. So no more hunting for cables. And at that price, I think teachers will feel more comfortable checking out the camera to students. (Thank you Scott Merrick)
- Favorite RSS News Aggregator: Pageflake.com – This reader is more like a customizable newspaper format, and, unlike Bloglines or Google Reader, you can share your reader. (Thanks David Warlick)
- Favorite URL: Tiny URL – For all the times I haven’t cited where I found an image included on this blog, for instance, because the address went on forever and every, here’s a nifty way to provide readers with a greatly shortened version of the URL. (Thanks Will Richardson)
- Favorite Web 2.0 Projects: Read Around the Planet – a great way to involve primary students in literary virtual community (Thanks Janine Lim) and Flat World Project – connecting Georgia to Bangladesh (Thanks Vicki Davis).
- Favorite Session: Using Wikis in the Classroom – I already had a inkling of the collaborative power of wikis – but I did not realize the huge, huge amount of upload space included with WikiSpace.com. (Thanks Adam Frey)
Off to play in the foothills 🙂