NECC Schedule

| 0 comments

necc.pngThis post is in response to David Warlick‘s What Will You Be Drinking in Atlanta?, a suggestion that people share what they’ll be attending and what they hope to take away from the NECC 2007 Conference. I hope to increase my Web 2.0 toolbox, particularly with all aspects of podcasting, digital storytelling, and videoconferencing – and the research and rationale for including these tools in K-12 curriculum. I am also looking for powerful examples to bring administrators on board with the Read/Write web – sort of a Marzano Does Web 2.0 approach.

Here’s my schedule:

• Saturday – Arrive in time to catch the afternoon session of the EdBlogCon.
  • Sunday – I’ll be with David Warlick, attending his Advanced Blogging, or Dealing with Sidebar Envy (SUF262) full-day workshop.
  • Monday – I’m looking forward to staring the morning with PhotoStory: Documenting Historical Perspectives through Multimedia half-day workshop. I’ll be focusing on videoconferencing in the afternoon as I join Janine Lim for her “Distance Edutainment” is Here… and Some of It Is Gross and Read Around the Planet via Videoconference [AND] MysteryQuest: An Interactive Videoconference Project sessions.
  • Tuesday – My morning starts with Will Richardson‘s Empowering Practice: Leveraging the Read/Write Web for Professional Growth. For the afternoon, I planning to drop in on New Tools, New Schools: Starting the Conversation about Web 2.0; Podcasting for Professional Development: Innovative Strategies for Syndicated Success: Starting From Scratch: Building School 2.0; and The REAL Work of 21st-Century Skills
  • WednesdayI’m hoping to move beyond my very beginning Photoshop level by attending Advanced Digital Image Editing for Teachers with PhotoShop Elements in the morning, and then head off to my last conference session, Expanding Boundaries of Learning: Designing Rigorous and Globally Connected Assignments.

Technorati Tags: , ,