Web 2.0 Videos ala Michael Wesch

| 2 Comments

For the past year or two, I’ve been including three of Michael Wesch’s wonderful short (3-5 minute) videos in my Web 2.0 workshops, usually in this order:

I know many of you also tap into these resources. So if you haven’t seen it and you have a free hour (yep, 60 minutes), I’m pretty sure you will really enjoy his Portal to Media Literacy presentation…thought provoking, informative, and definitely an hour well spent! “Being human is all about learning.” “If you have the right question, you can set your students up to learn…and to learn and to learn.”  And so many more gems.

2 Comments

1. I used lots of technology in my classroom, and I thought I was doing a great job reaching the students. Then two weeks ago, I took your first class and I realized that I only had scratched the suface with my former students. The videos in this blog were powerful images that really illustrate what we were talking about in class. We need to reach out more in the schools so that teachers can see the greater impact that they could have with their students.

2. Tammy, I have a a very good feeling that through the iSCI grant, we can start a small revolution:-).