I’m here in San Francisco at the Web 2.0 Un-Conference that Steve Hargadon energetically and collaboratively put together. The announcement to join the conference came through the Classroom 2.0 ning listserv, with a link to the conference wiki.
Here’s Steve’s overview of Web 2.0:
- Anyone can contribute – and make a difference
- It’s an historic change – it’s a world in which our contribution of material is as significant as our ability to consumer information
- Amazon.com good example of how things have changed: i.e., readers’ ability to add a review. Active example of Web 2.0
- Difference from receiving material to contributing to the web
- “When you write, everybody can hear you” – Quote from participant Andy Pass
- Web 2.0 conversations help refine and improve thinking
Heading off for a discussion of Web 2.0.