Next Vista Learning

| 4 Comments

One of my favorite workshops from last summer’s NECC was Rushton Hurley’s hilarious session on video editing. Before leaving the session, I signed up to receive his electronic newsletters. An update arrived in my email yesterday entitled “Educational Video, the fun way.” I’m glad I opened it! I’ve spent the morning exploring links to some wonderful resources:

• iEARN 2008-2009 International – Here’s Rushton’s introduction: “There are still some slots for those wanting to make a simple video as part of a cool international project.” What a great way for students to share about their own communities – and to be able to learn about other communities – national and international – through a student perspective. Check out the video samples posted to the site, which will serve as great examples to get students started. Note: Registration ends Monday, September 15.
  • Next Vista Learning – Looking for good videos to bring into the classroom? I think you’ll like the cross- curricular clips posted on Rushton’s website. Hey, I actually get the difference between helium and sulphur hexaflouride after watching Scott Merrick’s video!
  • Lit Terms in Modern Media – And for students needing more than a textbook explanation of literary terms, Todd Seal’s site should be helpful. “The idea is not simply to help define the term, but to explain why to use the technique.” Note: Content is appropriate for older students.

And if you’re traveling to San Jose next month to the Innovative Learning Conference, I recommend you check the program from Rushton’s workshops!

4 Comments